Thursday, October 30, 2008

Arts & Crafts Handmade in Tennessee



I love stores like these. I do enjoy walking around and seeing how many talented people there are in our community. I just happened across my next door neighbors art work.She paints. Lovely sceneries, I believe they are places that she just so happens to come across when she is out and traveling . I could spend a good enough of cash in this store.

Then there is one lady who knits , crochets , makes those jean purses and the one item I love to have had, was the 450.00 quilt . Her work was great. you could tell she took a lot of pride in her work. It showed.



And then there is the wooden birdhouses , and cravings. This man has so much talent. You can see it in each piece. Worth every penny his was asking for. But have to admit , afraid to put it out if the weather got wet. Specially those bird houses .


I have seen both of these talented people outside the store, when they had the County craft fair. Where they brought their items into town , set up their booth to sell outside of the store.

Just knowing this store is there when ever I want to take time away from home and walk around , to look over all the great working of the local neighbors .

I know I will be taking any of my family that come to visit me , to this wonderful store. And just think this use to be a real estate company. They had built it and within two years of it opening it was closed. Am just glad they found a better use for the building. Such as the RED BARN OF GIFTS.


http://www.blogger.com/www.redbarntn.com

No comments: